Keto Hemp Hearts Oatmeal–Keto-friendly hemp hearts and greek yogurt give this keto oatmeal the protein and flavor you’d expect from your favorite bowl of hot cereal, while coconut milk adds healthy fats to help you feel satisfied and energized until lunchtime.
If you’re following a ketogenic diet, this breakfast will keep you on track until it’s time to enjoy your next high-fat, low-carb meal! To learn more about starting or maintaining the keto diet, check out our Beginner’s Guide to Keto.
When Can I Eat Oats on the Ketogenic Diet? – Keto Hemp Hearts Oatmeal
You can enjoy oats on a ketogenic diet as long as you prepare them using keto-friendly ingredients. This hemp hearts keto oatmeal is a delicious and nutritious breakfast option that’s grain-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
Plus, it’s quick and easy to make! Simply combine all of the dry ingredients in a small saucepan and stir in some boiling water. Then cook over medium heat until the oatmeal is thick and creamy. Be sure to add a little vanilla extract for flavor. This recipe makes two servings, each with 4 grams of net carbs.
If you’re strictly following a ketogenic diet, you’ll need to make sure that you avoid oats in addition to grains. However, some people on a keto diet choose to eat oat bran for its fiber content as part of their high-fat diet.
Even if you do include oats or oat bran in your low-carb plan, remember that they can have a glycemic impact and may increase your blood sugar levels. For example, one cup of cooked oats has about 30 grams of net carbs whereas 1/4 cup of uncooked oat bran has 10 grams of net carbs. So be careful if you have diabetes or any other conditions or diseases related to blood sugar regulation and check with your doctor before eating these foods if you have any concerns.
When Should I Not Eat Oats on the Ketogenic Diet?
Oats are a delicious and nutritious whole grain. They’re also high in carbs and can kick you out of ketosis if you’re not careful. So, what’s a keto dieter to do?
The answer is simple: enjoy hemp hearts keto oatmeal! This recipe is low in carbs and high in protein, making it the perfect breakfast for your ketogenic meal plans. Plus, it’s super easy to make. Simply add hemp hearts, chia seeds, and flax seeds to your favorite oatmeal recipe.
If you’re not a fan of eating oats on keto, you can try making hemp hearts keto oatmeal. To do so, just follow these simple steps. First, add a 1/2 cup of almond milk to a small saucepan
Stir in 2 tablespoons each of chia seeds and flax seeds before adding in 2 tablespoons each of hemp hearts and almonds. Once thoroughly mixed together cook for 3 minutes before stirring in 4 packets or one tablespoon each stevia drops or maple syrup and cinnamon to taste. Serve immediately with extra cinnamon sprinkled on top.
10 tips for eating oats on the ketogenic diet
1. Start your day with a bowl of hemp hearts keto oatmeal.
2. Add some healthy fats to your oatmeal with keto hemp hearts.
3. Use full-fat milk or coconut milk for a creamy texture.
4. sweeten your oatmeal with stevia or monk fruit extract.
5. Top your oatmeal with fresh berries or sliced almonds.
6. Make a batch of hemp heart oatmeal ahead of time and reheat it during the week.
7. Add some protein to your breakfast with hemp seeds recipes keto style by adding chia seeds or flax meal to your oatmeal
8. Use a coffee grinder to grind your own hemp seeds or buy them pre-ground.
9. You can add protein powder to your hemp heart oatmeal for an extra boost of protein and other nutrients.
10. Add flaxseed meal to your oatmeal for more fiber and omega-3 fatty acids – ground flaxseed is also easier on your digestive system than whole flaxseeds since it’s been partially digested already by nature so you absorb more nutrients than you would with whole seeds!
3 Hearty Ways to Cook Up Some Healthy Hemp Cereal
1. Start your day off right with a bowl of keto hemp hearts oatmeal. This low-carb, high-protein breakfast will give you the energy you need to power through your day.
2. Add some extra protein to your morning routine by mixing hemp hearts into your oatmeal. Not only will this boost the nutrient value of your breakfast, but it will also help keep you fuller longer.
3. For a heartier breakfast, cook up a batch of hemp heart pancakes or waffles. Serve with sugar-free syrup and fresh berries for a delicious and nutritious meal.
How about giving your mornings a little more kick? Try cooking up some quick keto hemp hearts oatmeal! With less than 5 ingredients, this recipe can be whipped up in no time. All you need is rolled oats, almond milk, hemp hearts, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon – that’s it!
The next time you have breakfast on the brain or are craving something new to try out at home, think about incorporating these three keto-friendly recipes into your diet. Your body will thank you later!